Friday, May 25, 2007

Friday Five: God's love



Today I’m starting a new feature entitled “Friday Five,” where I will give a list of five things on one topic. You’re welcome to add to my list or come up with your own list.

Although today’s topic may seem familiar, read each item anew. I went looking for Old Testament verses regarding God’s love. Here are some of my favorites:

  1. Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you. (Psalms 63:3)

  1. For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is his love for those who fear him. (Psalms 103:11)

  1. "I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving-kindness.” (Jer 31:3)

  1. But it was because the LORD loved you and kept the oath he swore to your forefathers that he brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you… (Deut 7:8)

  1. He defends the cause of the fatherless and the widow, and loves the alien, giving him food and clothing. (Deut 10:18)

Now share some of yours.

2 comments:

Maxine said...

I have just one to share, Kathy. My all time favorite:

For I am persauded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39

Kathy said...

Maxine, that's another beautiful one. Thanks for sharing that. I'm hoping to do a list of more New Testament verses on God's incredible love soon. Thanks!