Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Blogger Reflection Award

Maxine at Scraps of Glory just bestowed the Blogger Reflection award on me. What an incredible honor – and another encouragement from a woman who has been an encouragement to me from the beginning of my blog, some 150 posts ago.

I am honored and I praise God. He prompted me to write for him a few years ago. I did…but I didn’t. To be honest, writing is a passion in my life and I thought, what if I fail? There are more original reasons to refuse God’s call, but that was mine.

But the day came when I realized that failure, if it came, would be by my standard. I had decided what failure looked like- and I had decided it was linked to a lack of sales. In other words, what if I wrote and couldn’t sell my stuff? I learned that success was doing what God whispered in my ear.

So here I am, giving my stuff away and feeling good about it. I’d love someday to have something I’ve written accepted by a publisher, but it doesn’t matter so much anymore. God gives me things to write and I try to write them the best I can.

Having said all that, I want to pass on this award. I have selected 5 sites that are excellent to me, both in content and in encouragement.

Kate at The Small Scribbler. I like her humor and her insights and her dedication to the Lord. You’ll find compassion and wisdom in her articles. I wish I could sit down at her breakfast table and discuss God’s Word with her and her children, to hear her perceptive ideas. Kate, you’ve encouraged me many times and I hope this encourages you to keep writing, keep praying, keep studying, keep loving those people God puts in your path!

You’ll find beauty and rich history at Maxine’s SG Notebook. She writes three lovely blogs, but I chose this one because it illustrates her fierce commitment to church history and persecuted Christians. She provides excellent reminder to remember our Christian heritage – and support our persecuted brothers and sisters. Maxine, you are a wonderful encourager and I think we’d have a delightful time with tea and scones.

I want to honor Angela at Refresh My Soul. I truly appreciate her commitment to ministry, which shows up in her blog and in her website. Both are focused on loving others to Jesus. She’s another with the gift of encouragement, shining as a beacon of light to a lost world. In Luke 2:10, Jesus instructs to pray for harvesters because the fields are white. Angela is one who has answered the call. Keep on shining, Angela!

The Constructive Curmudgeon writes some scholarly, insightful material and I check with him a lot to see what’s on his mind. He’s intelligent, well-read, and thoughtful about culture’s footsteps on the Christian faith. His blog is often witty but humble, broad yet focused.

I’d like to invite you all to check out my fifth choice. This one is brand new and belongs to my sister the artist. Both of us have been wrestling with some of the images in Genesis. I’ve grappled using words, she with color and design. She has posted a series of paintings dealing with Genesis. Most blogs communicate with words but this one communicates with images. It’s unique and I invite you to take a look.

4 comments:

Kate said...

Thanks Kathy,

This is so kind and a GREAT honor coming from you. I admire your work and your wisdom.

I learned that success was doing what God whispered in my ear I love this line. It's the truth.

Kate

God's girl said...

Kathy,
I am honored and humbled by your comment. Thanks so very much. I love reading your blog and learn so much from you! God is definately using this for His glory to reach others! What a gift you have. I am blessed He allows me to just gleen off of it!

Also this quote that Kate refered to as well, "I learned that success was doing what God whispered in my ear". I love that and need to hear that. I am on the same road as you. I write what God gives me and tells me too. It can get discouraging when no one picks up on publishing it. This is a way with great potential to reach others!
You have blessed me!
Thanks and much love,
Angela

Maxine said...

Kathy, I just saw this!
Thank you so much for appreciating my little notebook at SG. You know, we just have to keep doing whatever little thing we're doing for the Lord and give it to Him as an offering. Who knows how He will use it this side of heaven, right? About SG, it's supposed to be a business, but you've probably figured it out that it has become as much a ministry. For this, I'm thankful. Your definition of success in right on. I really think that God is using this Blogger Reflection Award to spur us all on. I won't post five at SG because I already did at Scraps.
Thanks again, Sweetie!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all your support. Some days I feel like a fish out of water in the "real" world. When you see things and express them a bit differently... it can be a kinda lonely road.
Thanks again!