Thursday, August 20, 2009

Morning bouquet

Outside my window, beyond the orange lilies of summer, a gold-tassled cornfield shimmers in the breeze. The praise of birds and the clean scent of dewey morning drifts through the window.

This morning God gave me a precious bouquet as I gazed outside my window. Believe me, this came not because of my efforts in any way but because of his marvelous love.

I am like the psalmist who asked, "O LORD, what is man that you care for him, the son of man that you think of him?" (Psalms 144:3)

We know we are a fleeting breath and a quick breath, as the psalmist described.

Yet here it is: we are blessed. Not because we are worthy but because He is.

He is my loving God and my fortress,
my stronghold and my deliverer,
my shield, in whom I take refuge,

Psalms 144:2

1 comment:

Maxine said...

Amen, Sister. The beauty that only our God has created. Not because we are worthy but because He is. Amen and amen.