Wednesday, March 11, 2009

A pierced hobby


Check out this link to the world’s most pierced woman. These sort of things draw us. As usual, this article stirred all sorts of questions for me.

Are they sure she’s the world’s most pierced woman? Could there be a woman in some small tribe somewhere who is busy installing more studs?

And is this competition only for women? Are there guys similarly devoted to the craft...er.... art .... er.... mission ...er.... hobby?

Are there prizes for this? Would anyone sign her up for endorsements? Of what?

Is the garish paint on the face optional? Is that yet another passion?

And then there’s her quote: "But I am happy. I decided to change myself and be me."
Why would she be happy in changing herself like this?

Ultimately, I’d like to hear her heart. Her appearance isn’t attractive to me, but God sees the heart. I wonder what nudged her to this sort of adventure. I’m tempted to mock her but I think God would like to speak to her.

What questions would you have for her?

The LORD does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart.

1 Sam 16:7


No comments: