That is the first suggestion on how to prepare for this year’s election from Ben Witherington, who has assembled an evangelical’s voting guide.
Here are the rest of his ideas:
- Vote. Don’t stay home because you’re frustrated.
- Don’t be a one-issue voter.
- Decide how much character weighs into your decision.
- Prioritize your issues and evaluate the candidates based on your priorities.
- Be smart enough to discern when a candidate is not honest or forthright about his/her views.
- Don’t vote on gut instinct but on evaluation, discussion, thought.
I’ll add one: remember that this election is more than the presidential position. We’re choosing Representatives, Senators, governors, and more. Be sure you read all of Ben’s thoughts. They'll give you something more to think about.
This is post #499 on Sumballo. Remember to get your comments in before I draw for the basket of books. Stay tuned!