Sunday, November 2, 2008


It was a wonderful day, with the sun shining and music pumping a beautiful melody into my car. I was driving alone, a bit unusual to be without any children along, when I suddenly had one of those little spiritual jolts and I knew in an instant, somebody’s praying for me.

Now I hadn’t asked for a special prayer at any recent meetings and I wasn’t struggling with any physical ailments. No big crisis looming. So who’s praying for me?

I was merely curious. I wasn’t feeling any self-pity knowing that probably nobody was praying.

Isn’t it funny sometimes how a random thought leaps into our brain after a question like that? Well, this time it was a verse.

“...and he always lives to make intercede for them.”(Heb. 7:25)

My heart got to pounding then for I realized, as I drove down a sunflower-lined country road, that I knew who was praying. Jesus, my savior and redeemer, sat right beside the Father always interceding for me.

It was a wonderful day.

No comments: