Wednesday, July 11, 2007

From my heart

Ever ran a long race and, as you turned a corner, met a vibrant sideline that knew your name and cheered you on? New energy may have surged into your legs and the air in your lungs was just a little sweeter. Encouragement is like that.

Thank you for your support as I write. I am overwhelmed with your enthusiasm and appreciate your help. Some of you have even invited others to Dive In and I think we’ll have a fun time together getting into God’s Word.

I have begun praying for you. I believe God is using the Internet technology to stir work in his kingdom and blogging is a little bit of that. (If you’d like more on that, e-mail me and I’ll send you research I did a couple of years ago on Internet evangelism.)

If you have given me a comment or contacted me in some way, you’re on my prayer list. If you’d like to be added, let me know.

I’d also like to thank my sister, Ann, who is a talented photographer and artist. She did the major work in getting the Dive In logo developed. Please excuse us as we keep tinkering with it. We’re still trying to find the right size to use and also how to attach a link to the log. (And how to make that html code available to you as well. We’re bumbling techies, figuring out just enough to get along but knowing that we don’t know much! If you know more, let me know.)

God bless you for your support and friendship! I appreciate you more than I can write.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Me a bumbling techie??? I that description is waaaaaaay to kind. LOL Glad I could help where I can.

Oh yes, I know the invigoration of having others cheer you on when you're dead tired at the end of a race. Last year when I walked the AVON breast cancer marathon and half... those cheerleaders made all the difference! I was challenged to remember to cheer my fellow friends on in their day to day walks too.

Keep up the great work!

Kate said...

I think the same about you, friend.

I recently left an incredible group of women who love God with all their hearts...sharp, sharp iron...and moved to a very small spiritually dead town. This blogging connection is vital to my sanity and spiritual health.

I would love more info on internet evangalism. This is a topic I have been thinking hard about for the last little while. My family reads my blog. Several are church goers but only one has a personal relationship with Jesus. My Mom said, "Your dad might read more of your posts if you didn't put so much scripture in them." OY! It's hard to understand this. The Bible is the most exciting book there is. But I guess, we only respond to the Words of Life when the Spirit stirs our souls. It just makes it hard to write for two audiences that are such polar opposites.

Great topic!

Kate

God's girl said...

I am interested in this survey too. My husband and I operate a website with the purpose of outreach in mind but are not sure how to best use it to its fullest extent. We do occassionally get international hits and I am sure those are by accident but we want to use the internet to reach the nations for Christ!
Thanks!
Angela

Maxine said...

Appreciate you too, Kathy!