Sunday, July 1, 2007

A honor

There was a cool surprise waiting for me this morning when I did my early-morning blog check in. Kate at Small Scribbles conferred this award:Give to those who have been an encouragement, a source of love, impacted you in some way, and have been a Godly example to you. Five Bloggers who when you reflect on them you get a sense of pride and joy...of knowing them and being blessed by them.
This award is for the best-of-the-best so consider who you pick, carefully. This award should not be given to just anyone. If you're going to do the award don't just write a few words and slap it on your Blog. Write real thoughts about these Bloggers and what they've meant to you. If the Bloggers you pick have already been given the award, don't be afraid to give it to them again. They deserve it as many times as it's given.

And here's what Kate wrote:

...to Kathy at
Sumballo She caught my attention because she has a Master's degree in theology. I study the Word at the kitchen table with my babies and feel overwhelmed by how much there is to know. Kathy can write about hard truths and well known Bible stories with simplicity and clarity. Her words are profound, challenging and accessible. I learn so much from her writing. Her post on The Dead Sea Principle is one of my favorites.

Thank you, Kate. This is an incredible encouragement to me. I almost didn't include the information about the Master's degree because it can look pretentious so I'm glad that's what touched you. And, Kate, you'll laugh because I checked out your link and I'm a squiggle-triangle, too. I wish we could sit down together at your kitchen table. Maybe blogging comes close?

I intend to pass this award forward, too, so stay tuned.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations, Kathy!! How exciting. Pushing yourself to write everyday is paying off. Your insights are amazing!
Keep up the great writing.

Maxine said...

Congrats!!! You deserve it, that's for sure! May the Lord continue to use you to edify His people!

Kathy said...

Thank you both! Maxine, you've been a wonderful encouragement to me every step of the way and I appreciate it. Ann, you gave me the jumpstart that I needed. Thank you.