Friday, June 22, 2007

Friday Five: God's name


Five times that God reveals his name in the Old Testament:

God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM.

Ex 3:14

The Lord came down in a cloud, stood with him there, and proclaimed [His] name Yahweh (THE LORD)

Ex 34:5

Then God spoke to Moses, telling him, “I am Yahweh. I appeared to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob as God Almighty (El Shaddai) but I did not make My name Yahweh known to them.

Ex 6:2-3

The Lord is a warrior; Yahweh is His name.

Ex 15:3

Then they'll learn your name: "God," the one and only High God on earth.

Psalms 83:18

2 comments:

Maxine said...

Blessed be His Name. It is worthy to be praised.
Friday Five is a good idea. Hope you keep it up, Kathy.

Kathy said...

Thanks, Maxine. The Friday Five gives me a different kind of challenge, but the lists often bring me a place of worship. Thanks for sharing it with me!