Friday, June 1, 2007

Putting Jesus in his place...


I ran across a book to be published in September (although why they need to tickle us now is beyond me) that I’ll be keeping my eyes on. Putting Jesus in His Place” deals with the deity of Christ and asks if Christians misplaced the real Jesus. It's an intriguing idea: do church-goers give Jesus his proper place or is their attention elsewhere?

As a follower of Jesus, I am always interested in anything that would clarify his personality and mission. Knowing Jesus is how we avoid false teachings and idolatry. So a book that examines the deity of Christ catches my eye.

Although I think we ought to spend more time in the Word of God rather than reading about the Word of God, this book looks to be very readable and yet with an interesting theological basis. Check out the website.

No comments: