Friday, August 3, 2007

Comment Circus


I’m a great listener. You may not know this because I seem to do all the talking here at Sumballo, but I want to listen today.

I want comments. More than that, I want to hear your heart. So here’s the deal. I’m going to ask a simple question. I want a one-sentence answer from you. Now it is a challenge sometimes to land that airplane in one sentence and I don’t care if you use comma splices and semicolons (after all, Paul could stretch a sentence over a couple of hours) but try to hold your answer to one sentence.

I’m very curious to see how many comments we can gather, mostly because I want to hear your thoughts. Here’s an incentive: if we get more than 15 comments, I promise NOT to e-mail each of you an extra barn kitten. (we have plenty....) However, if we miss our goal, be very careful opening attachments with a .cat extension.

Invite your friends to come over. I’d like to compile these into a Sumballo article soon, so the more, the merrier.

Here’s the question: For you, why follow Jesus?

Post your comments. (and post your blog address so I can visit). I’m going to post mine soon. And I’m anxious to listen for a little while.

18 comments:

Kathy said...

I follow Jesus because he is my way, my truth and my life.

God's girl said...

I follow Jesus because I love Him (but He loved me first) and He is my everything and I am lost without Him because I am desperate for Him, I need Him, He is my everything.

Ha! How's that for a one sentence structure! Ha! Will pass it on.
Much love,
Angela

Anonymous said...

I follow Jesus because he is an excellent pilot giving direction to my life while when I was in the drivers seat I ended up making a huge mess of my life.

I'm sure there should be more puncuation in there somewhere but remember... I'm the artist not the writer! LOL

Sure, I'll take a cat or two... Dixie dog would love to chew on them. LOL

kittyhox said...

I follow Jesus because without Him life doesn't make any sense, have any lasting meaning, and just doesn't work!

Darla said...

Following Jesus--because it works, and there are no better ideas!

Leah Adams said...

Because I would be in a pit of sin so fast it would make my head spin if I didn't follow Him.

Leah
www.thepoint-leah.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I follow Jesus because He is the Way, the Truth and the Life; no one comes to the Father but by Him.
Kara

Maxine said...

I follow Jesus because He is the author and finisher of my faith; He is the One who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God, making intercession for me.

Kate said...

Paraphrasing the words of Peter but writing like Paul (who really can write an hour long sentence):

"Lord, to whom shall I go? You have the words of eternal life; I believe and know that You are the Holy One of God." John 6:68-69

Janelle said...

I follow Jesus because when I didn't, my life was a wreck of which I never want to return.

Meg said...

He's my only hope.

Christine said...

Jesus is the Vine from which I receive sustenance, the Water without which I would be forever thirsty, and the Light which chases away my darkest sin.

Tam said...

For me, why NOT follow Jesus? The truth about God is known instinctively in our hearts - when I learned that's what it was compelling me to search - how could I not follow...

Susan said...

One word...eternity.

Alyson said...

I follow Jesus because without him my life is empty

ZAM said...

I follow Jesus because He exemplifies obedience, and if I were a flower, then He'd be my sun

Jennifer said...

I follow Jesus because I know what it was like to be me before I met Him.

Xandra@Heart-of-Service said...

I follow Jesus because life without him is not life.....it's sure death.